Irish Lake Quilter

......snippets and quilts, family, pets and friends....

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Brights from My Stash

We're inching upwards to the 40* mark, something we haven't seen in many, many days and it feels wonderful!! It was delightful enough to go out for a walk with the Leah, the pound pup.

The Quilting Bee that I belong to recently decided as a group to do a Buggy Barn Hearts and Stars. This kind of pattern is totally out of my usual range of quilts and I originally decided not to participate in this activity, which we have agreed is OK. However, one of my goals is to reduce my stash so that I can feel free to do what I want and not let my drawers and closet of fabric dictate what quilts I make. So, I went to my LQS (closet :>) and pulled some brights. I think they came out pretty good - can't go too far wrong with brights, eh? The border is a leftover from a quilt I made for the our church's VBS program. Yellow sashings and hot pink cornerstones, add the border and it will be ready to go to the quilter. To whom it will be given is a mystery to me yet....I'll wait until it is quilted and then see how I feel at that point. I know an adorable 4 year old, but donating it for charity also works. In any case, my box of brights is minimally reduced. I have plans for a bright string quilt this summer while at the cottage and that will reduce the contents a bit more. Signs of bright flowers and Spring! I'm anxious for both!

4 comments:

Libby said...

It's hard to go wrong with a Buggy Barn quilt, too. A win-win combination *s*

Melinda said...

I love bright quilts and yours is a great example of one. As Libby said, it is hard to go wrong with a Buggy Barn quilt.

Carole said...

What a cheerful quilt. I just love the brightness. Great colour choices. Looks like a fun quilt to make. I'll have to check out that pattern.

Sweet P said...

You may not be a fan of brights, but this quilt is gorgeous. Whoever ends up receiving it will love it.