Irish Lake Quilter

......snippets and quilts, family, pets and friends....

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Progress


We have walls, a roof and altho the picture doesn't show it, windows, a furnace and some plumbing. The upper left window is in the kitchen area, bottom right is the laundry room with my quilting area behind it. The place isn't real big but it will greatly improve life as we know it when we have kids or company come to visit us at the lake cottage! And...I get to have some space where I can spread out and just close the door when I want to leave it.

Mom has been here for the past week. As part of her Christmas present, I took her to see the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Show. It was really awesome, especially the live nativity. Mom enjoyed it all and it made me glad I took her. She is 84 and still loves to get out and go. I saw the Rockettes in NY in the late 70's, enjoyed them then and again this past week.

Quilting has taken a back seat for several weeks. Other than making several go-green grocery bags, I haven't done any sewing at all. I'm really ready to get some done! There's been just too much going on and I want to be organized when I go back to my projects. So, patience is being practiced, much against my will!!

We are experiencing a blast of Ol' Man Winter today. Lots of icy stuff all over the ground and the car when we came out of Macy's after doing some Christmas shopping. It is one of those days when a fire, something warm to drink and a bit of quilting feels good. I'll get back to it in a week or two......

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

The cabin looks great, but I guess you won't be in by Christmas? :o) I'm sure it will be the center of many wonderful family gatherings! Guess what? I finally quilted my Grandma's Album quilt. Now it's waiting for binding...only about 10 years later!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congrats on all the progress at the lake, it's really coming together and will make your life so much easier. What fun. What a wonderful time with your Mom, I know the Rockettes Christmas show must have been awesome.

swooze said...

The cabin is really coming along. When will it be ready?

Libby said...

One of the great things about quilting is it will wait for us to get back to it *s* Enjoy the holidays - you're off to a perfect start with your trip to see the Rockettes.

Greenmare said...

how exciting for you! Your cabin is going to be soooooo gorgeous!