Irish Lake Quilter

......snippets and quilts, family, pets and friends....

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Same fabric, different quilt



About two years or so ago I found some Thimbleberries fabric that looked like applique - all viney and so on. I also loved the colors - autumn ones. I guess being a redhead in my earlier life contributed to my liking those colors......no pinks, brights or reds for me! I made a lap quilt from the fabric and gave it to my niece for Christmas 2006. Then, not long after, I decided another one from the same fabric would be nice and it hangs on the bannister here at home. Since the quilt design that I used was so easy, I wanted to make another but have it on a bed. The three new bedrooms at the cottage all need quilts and the dark brown and rich tones fit well in one of them. So I made another one! And...I have enough for at least one more! I think I went a bit overboard! :>)

This week while here in Chicago, I got that one ready for the frame and also completed one for my great-niece who is getting married on Saturday. I will load hers this afternoon and if the machine cooperates, will have it quilted and bound in time for the wedding. If not, she knows it's coming and it won't be long. I'll post that picture and maybe one of the bride next time around. But for now, her quilt is waiting and my time is running out!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Isn't it great when you find 'that' fabric . . . the one you just love using more than once *s*

Mary said...

Judy, that fabric is awesome, I can see why it inspires you over and over again! BTW, they have it in a shop close by to me, so if you decide to go for #6 and #7, let me know and I can always pick some MORE for you! :-)